Posts tagged site
Sorry it’s been a while (well ok a long while) since Lakerstats statistics have been updated, but unfortunately real life got in the way of keeping everything current. But as you can see we’re slowly getting last season updated and within the next few weeks we should be totally up to date. We got several emails asking us if we were still updating the site, and the answer is “yes,” it’s just been a little harder the last year or so. Appreciate hearing from those of you who do actually use these stats from time to time. Glad to know they are useful. Thanks!
I’ve gotten some emails asking why our game recaps haven’t been updated in about a month. Well to just answer in one place, the reason is simply that real life took over for a bit, and I just had some other priorities that unfortunately didn’t allow me to write the recaps. However ALL stats, box scores, etc. are updated after every game. So you can always count on those being current no matter what. I make sure those are all always done. That’s what this site is really about in the end, a statistical database.
Also, while I was out of town last week, somehow a settings file got corrupted during a server backup, and you’ll notice some of the boxes and the sides of the site, and some of the main content pages look a little wonky. I have to recreate the CSS for those boxes unfortunately, so I will slowly be doing that this week so they look right. All the info is intact, they just don’t look pretty right now. But hang tight, they will be back to normal soon.
The game recaps should also begin again this week, as things are getting more normal again for me.
Thanks for all the emails and interest in the site, I didn’t honestly realize the stories were that important to people. It’s great to hear. And thanks for your support of the site!
We’ve been adding tons of new things to the site recently. Here’s kind of a list of what we’ve been doing, aside from some of the obvious aesthetic changes you may have noticed to the front page.
- We’ve redone the table colors on most of the stat pages so they are all shades of purple and gold now. They also highlight in yellow on mouseovers. Should be easier to read now.
- Added an “Honors and Awards” field to the individual profiles for each player. Also, if a player led the league in any stat category, it is now denoted in red on their numbers.
- Added the “Game Log” feature so you can track an individual’s games throughout an entire season. So far we’ve only done the 2003-04 season completely, and we’re currently working on 2004-05. We will eventually get these logs updated, but it’s a huge undertaking and all box score information has to be manually entered. It’s a lot of data entry, fun, fun, fun!
- The “Season Summary” pages are now calculating the season points, rebounds, and assists leaders more accurately according to NBA stat guidelines for season leaders.
- Hall of Fame players are now denoted with an asterisk (*) next to their names on the “All-Time Rosters” list.
The next few things on our to-do list starts with completing ALL the schedules/results for the team’s history. That’s our #1 priority right now. After that, we will fix the “Team Records” pages as they need some cleaning up and a little updating. And if we ever get through with those things, we’re going to work on the game logs for each season. Also shortly, we are going to add a “Comments” feature to our news stories here, so you can add your own feedback and interact with us. Hopefully that will be up by the end of the week.